Wednesday, May 16, 2007

When you have a break down..................

A computer breakdown..... Just after I hung up the phone with a friend who needed to replace her monitor, I turned on my laptop and found lines all over my screen. My laptop is 3 years old and the young fellow at Best Buy held it as though he was seeing a computer from long ago and said, "Well, this one is from the 'era' when they used a lot of fans and remarked that I had 4 fans underneath the lap top.

What a shock though, to have a young wippersnapper tell you your 3 year old computer is from 'another era'. Yes, I know, I have heard how they are updated and upgraded by the minute but to actually hear it, was alarming to me. Maybe amusing is a better word. Or aghast..... I really was aghast at the way he handled my HP laptop as if it had come out of the stoneage.

He said that if we didn't have an extended warranty on this, we might as well just throw it away and buy a new one. Instead of the $1700 we spent on this one, we could now get one for $700. According to this very young yet very knowledgeable man it would cost more than the price of a new one to repair it.

Fortunately, we did have an extended warranty so it was to call CompUSA for instructions on how to proceed. They said to wait for a shipping label to come by email and then take it to FED ex and get an appropriate box from them. That, he said, could take 3 days. He is just talking about getting the shipping label taking 3 days to get. I'm thinking I would be without my beloved laptop for weeks, maybe even months.

Not wanting to leave anything to chance, I began to pray for it to be handled with care and to arrive quickly and safely at its destination and then to be repaired by a person who was knowledgeable with this particular problem. Then that it would also come back safely and quickly.

My laptop went out late on a Friday afternoon. It was shipped to Simi Vally, California. Imagine my pleasant surprise when the following Thursday, a DHL driver left a note that I had a package that needed a signature, while we were at Wal Mart.

More amazingly, the DHL driver returned at the end of his route. It was my laptop. It was back a week after it was sent. I was amazed and thankful! Everything on it was still on it. Thank you God!



No comments: