Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Developing Hobbies

Richard is developing his new hobby of wood carving. His buffalo got feet today. He has 2 grandsons so I think its clear that he either needs to carve another buffalo or he needs to carve something else so they each have something he has made for them.

I have tried my hand at "Chip Carving." My new friend, Lena, has done her best to try to teach me. But the jury is still out about whether or not I will be a successful chip carver. Richard thinks that its because of my contacts. They are Mono Vision. I have a different perscription in each eye. I can't really see the minute spot that has to be cleaned out of the carving. I tried before with my Wal-Mart glasses and couldn't really see well enough to do anything.

Anyway, today I wanted some peace and quiet to see if I could connect our blog with the website and I think I have done it.

Isn't retirement great! We can finally do some of the hobbies we never had a chance to try when we were working. If Richard can add fishing to his growing list of hobbies, he'll be a happy man.

No comments: