Thursday, November 16, 2006

When in my house don't insult my choices

A man knocked on our door today. We have a satellite dish on our RV and so does he. The problem with that is his didn't work. He was looking for Richard to help him.

He is standing in our living room, I respectfully turned down the volume on the TV, so we could have a conversation with this stranger. He looked at our TV, which as usual, was tuned in to FOX News. He said "How is Fox News bashing the Dems today?".

I said, "They just tell the truth!" He said, "Oh, I know better than that!" I said, "Sometimes the truth is something different than we want to hear".

Then I left and went to my Beading class. Richard told me that he learned that this strange looking, earing wearing man was a college teacher in Oregon. He was here to take advantage of some free insurance program somehow.

Isn't it interesting that a stranger would come into our home and bash our choice of TV stations while he is looking for technical assistance from my husband.

Anyway, I have for a long time claimed that Democrats are just not that bright. This man did nothing to change my mind.

No comments: